This webinar, part of the MORE Exchange Forum meetings, presented the tools developed by the project to assist cities in their road space design process.
What is the MORE Exchange Forum?
The MORE Exchange Forum is a platform to discuss ideas and provide feedback on the tools developed by the MORE project. The first meeting of the Exchange Forum took place in October 2019 in Graz and focused on the concept of flexible use of kerb space.
Changing the way we view and use road space
The EU-funded MORE project is developing tools assisting cities in their road space design process. It develops design concepts that encourage street activity and reduce traffic dominance by considering the needs of all road users. The MORE Exchange Forum is a platform to discuss ideas and provide feedback on the tools developed within the project.
Creating a link with co-creation initiatives and projects
The co-creation of design options through web-based and traditional planning tools is an essential component of the MORE project. To design roads that benefit all road users, engaging all stakeholders – residents, shop owners, real estate operators, advocacy groups, etc. – is vital.
The webinar was an opportunity to discuss best and worst practices and to align the MORE tools with the knowledge and guidelines that such initiatives have produced.
- Introduction to the MORE project & Exchange Forum (Peter Jones, UCL)
- Online tools to generate road space allocation design options (Paulo Anciaes, UCL)
- Engaging stakeholders in the design process with TraffWeb and LineMap (Robin Morrison, Buchanan Computing)
- Identifying problems and validating needs: The SUNRISE project (Lukas Franta and Nadine Haufe, TU Wien)
- Space To Move: Engaging the public to support cities (Andy Cope, Sustrans)
To view a recording of the webinar, please click here.
For more information on the MORE Exchange Forum, please contact Francesco Ripa.